Should I undergo LASIK eye surgery? How much does it cost in India? Which hospital is best in Hyderabad?
LASIKcan treat severe degrees ofnearsightedness , moderate amounts offarsightednessandastigmatism , but LASIK is not right for everyone. While the goal of LASIK surgery is to reduce dependency on glasses or contact lenses, having LASIK cannot guarantee 20/20 vision. Fortunately, most cases are successful in improving visual acuity (or sharpness).
To be eligible for LASIK surgery, potential candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Age: Candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- General health: LASIK candidates must be in good general health, and should not have certain health problems, including uncontrolled diabetes, autoimmune or collagen vascular disease, or take any medication or have any condition that compromises the immune response.
- Eye health: Candidates should be free of eye diseases including keratoconus, glaucoma, cataracts, corneal disease and certain retinal and optic nerve diseases. LASIK surgery candidates should not have certain eye conditions including herpes simplex and herpes zoster.
- Eye problems: LASIK patients should make their eye doctor aware of certain eye problems including amblyopia (lazy eye), strabismus (muscle imbalance), or any recurrent, residual or active eye conditions that may influence healing. Other conditions that should be discussed with the doctor include keloid scarring with previous surgical healing, back problems and claustrophobia. Please make your eye doctor aware of any mental health conditions, as these may also affect your LASIK surgery or recovery.
- Eye injury: Patients should not have any eye infections or injury.
- Nursing/pregnancy: Candidates should not be nursing or pregnant when undergoing the LASIK procedure. Hormones may affect the stability of your prescription, so pregnant or nursing women are not eligible to pursue LASIK surgery until three menstrual cycles after nursing has been discontinued.
- Dry eye condition: Patients should not continuously suffer from dry eyes.
- Stable vision: Candidates’ vision must be stable for at least one year prior to the procedure
- Contacts: Prior to your LASIK surgery consultation and LASIK procedure, you must not wear contact lenses for a certain length of time. The precise length will be determined by your doctor on an individual basis. This ensures corneal stability and accurate assessment of your prescription prior to the LASIK surgery procedure.
In short, LASIK is an out patient procedure that is capable of correcting a wide range of nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia) and astigmatism. LASIK is the acronym which stands for Laser Assisted in-Situ Keratomileusis. It is also referred to as Laser Intra-stromal Kerato mileusis. It has fast become the most preferred and the safest procedure for the treatment of myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism. The results are dramatic and the visual recovery is rapid which is why patients in record numbers are enthusiastically embracing this procedure the world over.
You should consult an Eye Doctor or Ophthalmologist who has experience with theLASIK Eye Surgery .
Lasik Surgery costmay vary from country to country. India it will on an average between Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 30,000 approx. The Zyoptix or the customized LASIK procedure would cost anywhere between Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 36,000.
Best Lasik Surgery in Kolkata | Lasik Eye Operation in India
Get Your Second Opinion for Lasik Surgery in Kolkata. Get rid of spects, Painless eye surgery, Trusted Surgeons, Advanced Technology for LASIK Eye Surgery atCurrae Eyecare Hospital
Cash crisis doesn't have to delay your cataract surgery! Opt for Currae's Eye Care Program!
Health is not just about your heart. Your EYES are important too!
Take care of them with our FREE EYE CHECK-UPS, Free contact lens trial and more!
Interest free EMI options available!
Get in touch with us today!
Book Your Consultation with ourLasik Eye Specialists in KolkataToday!